Volunteer Program Update July 2020
Over the past several weeks, we’ve begun to bring volunteers back on board for shifts in our Repack area. Over the course of each shift, we’ve closely monitored each group to ensure that the precautions that we’ve put in place concerning screening, personal protective equipment (PPE), and social distancing protected volunteers, staff, and clients while also allowing for the completion of projects. We've been thrilled to have volunteers back onsite, and we've received very valuable feedback from those that have participated in projects with us so far. With these initial shifts under our belt, we’re excited to announce that we’ve finalized our plans for recurring volunteer shifts throughout the month of July.
Starting Wednesday, July 8th we will have the following volunteer shifts available in our Repack project area (through the end of July):
- Monday – Wednesday: 5:00-8:00pm (20 Volunteers)
- Thursday: 9:00am-12:00pm (15 Volunteers), 5:00-8:00pm (20 Volunteers)
- Saturday: 9am-12pm (20 Volunteers)
Volunteers are crucial to all operations of the Greater Cleveland Food Bank, whether in traditional roles (collecting, sorting, and repacking food that comes through our warehouse every day) or using special skills to support with administrative functions or special projects.
In 2019, more than 21,000 volunteers contributed more than 92,000 hours of service to the Food Bank, a savings of more than two million dollars in salaries and benefits, allowing for additional food to be provided to our agencies and clients.
Reach Volunteer Services by phone at 216-738-2053
Get started by clicking on one of the options below:
- To learn more of our current volutneer opportunites, click here.
- To explore Special Skills Based Volunteer Opportunities, click here.
- To learn more about the status of group volunteer shifts this summer (2020), please contact the Volunteer Experience team at email@example.com or 216-738-7240.
- If you or your group is interested in having a member of our Speakers Beareau present about our Advocacy efforts, click here